* Updating copyright years ....  any progress?
@ 2005-07-08  9:42 Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2005-07-08  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some time ago, copyright years in a number of files were messed up
due to a misunderstanding of the policy.

Work was started to write a policy document, but it seems to have halted.

Until a clear policy is documented, I would suggest that instead of
the current _very incorrect_ copyright years, the previous list of
(mostly correct) years is restored in the affected files.

Thanks!

The relevant part of FOR-RELEASE is:

** Add missing years in copyright notices of all files.

Policy document admin/notes/years must be updated before
making further progress on this task!!!

Please record your name here and say which part of the distribution
you're going to handle.

DIRECTORY		STATUS		IN CHARGE
---------		------		---------
leim			working		Kenichi Handa
lisp/calc		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/calendar		working		Glenn Morris
lisp/emulation		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/eshell		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/international	done		Kenichi Handa
lisp/languages		done		Kenichi Handa
lisp/mh-e		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/net		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/play		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/term		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/toolbar		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen
lisp/url		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen

* Re: Updating copyright years ....  any progress?
@ 2005-07-08 20:03 ` Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2005-07-08 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Until a clear policy is documented, I would suggest that instead of
> the current _very incorrect_ copyright years, the previous list of
> (mostly correct) years is restored in the affected files.
> lisp/mh-e		working		Thien-Thi Nguyen

I did as you suggest in MH-E a while ago.

* Re: Updating copyright years ....  any progress?
@ 2005-07-08 22:01 ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-07-08 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Some time ago, copyright years in a number of files were messed up
    due to a misunderstanding of the policy.

    Work was started to write a policy document, but it seems to have halted.

I am still waiting for Eben Moglen to respond to my repeated queries.

    Until a clear policy is documented, I would suggest that instead of
    the current _very incorrect_ copyright years, the previous list of
    (mostly correct) years is restored in the affected files.

This would be unnecessary work, and probably not right, so it would
have to be changed again.  So I don't want people to do that.

Please don't change it any further until I have this settled.