* [schierlm-usenet@gmx.de: Re: precompiled windows binaries]
@ 2004-05-10 17:55 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2004-05-10 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know how to do whatever should be done here?

To: gnu-emacs-bug@moderators.isc.org
From: Michael Schierl <schierlm-usenet@gmx.de>
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.bug
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:23:37 +0200
Subject: Re: precompiled windows binaries
Sender: bug-gnu-emacs-bounces+rms=gnu.org@gnu.org

Kimberly Nico <knico@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu> writes:

> I was wondering if there was a time estimate on when RSN will be for the
> windows precompiled binaries of emacs.
>
> The following url:
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/21.3/
> has the RSN.README for all of the files.

look @ ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

and you will find the binaries...

However, fixing this (i.e. removing the RSN and placing an info text
where the binaries are) would be a good ider..

Michael

* Re: [schierlm-usenet@gmx.de: Re: precompiled windows binaries]
@ 2004-05-10 19:39 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2004-05-10 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Does anyone know how to do whatever should be done here?

When the sysadmins told me to upload to /gnu/emacs/windows instead of
/gnu/windows/emacs (to fit in with the new gpg based access control),
they said that they would make /gnu/windows/emacs a symlink. That was
some months ago, it seems to have been forgotten.

* Re: [schierlm-usenet@gmx.de: Re: precompiled windows binaries]
@ 2004-05-11 12:23   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2004-05-11 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel