* help with LAP op-codes
@ 2004-01-13 16:15 Guy
From: Guy @ 2004-01-13 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm writting a complete LAP (List Assembly Program) manual.
on the release, the manual will contain:
a LAP assembler, Brief Instruction manual, byte-code decoding manual,
more...

I'm missing pieces of information, information which I couldn't find
elsewhere.

I'll be gratefull if someone could help...

1) what's the purpose of op-code 90 (\132) the instruction byte-diff ?

2) what's the purpose of op-codes, and what arguments do they take on stack?

  \220     byte-temp-output-buffer-setup
  \221     byte-temp-output-buffer-show
  \217     byte-condition-case

                   thanks

                                    Guy.

* Re: help with LAP op-codes
@ 2004-01-15 21:21 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2004-01-15 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    1) what's the purpose of op-code 90 (\132) the instruction byte-diff ?

It subtracts one number from another.

    2) what's the purpose of op-codes, and what arguments do they take on stack?

      \220     byte-temp-output-buffer-setup

It does the beginning of with-output-to-temp-buffer,

      \221     byte-temp-output-buffer-show

It does the end of with-output-to-temp-buffer,

      \217     byte-condition-case

It implements a condition-case.  Disassemble a function
that uses condition-case to see how it is used.