* Windows equivalent to Unix sleep
@ 2003-11-07 21:32 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2003-11-07 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to make a transition from using annotations to GDB/MI in gdb-ui.el
On gdb@sources.redhat.com it was suggested that I use the tty command to
separate the output of gdb from that of the inferior. I now know this requires
the Unix sleep command so that any input in the execution window will be sure
to go to the inferior, rather than the shell. Something like:

(make-comint "I/O" "sleep" nil "10000")

will work (for 3 hours anyway!).

AFAIK there is no sleep command in Windows. Can I do so anything so that this
approach will also work there?

    Nick                                         http://www.nick.uklinux.net

* Re: Windows equivalent to Unix sleep
@ 2003-11-09  2:04 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-11-09  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Can you use the sleep-for Lisp function?