* [teirllm@dms.auburn.edu: M-x <SPACE> in partial-completion-mode]
@ 2003-10-11  5:36 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-10-11  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

It has been years since we heard from David Gillespie,
so I think it is unlikely he will handle this.
Does anyone else want to work on this?

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:22:32 -0500 (CDT)
From: Luc Teirlinck <teirllm@dms.auburn.edu>
To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
Cc: Dave Gillespie <daveg@synaptics.com>
Subject: M-x <SPACE> in partial-completion-mode
Sender: emacs-pretest-bug-bounces+rms=gnu.org@gnu.org

I reported earlier on something I thought was a bug in fringe-mode.
However, I now start to believe it is a bug in
partial-completion-mode:

emacs-21.3.50 -q --eval "(blink-cursor-mode 0)" &

M-x partial-completion-mode

M-x <SPACE>

A hyphen appears.  Is this to be expected and a feature, or is it a
bug?

It becomes a problem in:

M-x fringe-mode <SPACE>

when a hyphen appears instead of the promised list.

Sincerely,

Luc.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-11  5:36 UTC | newest]