* [marko.makela@hut.fi: Re: incorrect X11 display update]
@ 2003-06-03  4:06 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-06-03  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:42:46 +0300
From: Marko =?iso-8859-1?B?TeRrZWzk?= <marko.makela@hut.fi>
To: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: incorrect X11 display update
Sender: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Marko_M=C3=A4kel=C3=A4?= <msmakela@bim>
On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 11:53:35AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Could you possibly get the latest sources from CVS on savannah.gnu.org
> so as to see if the problem still exists in the latest sources?

Done.  The problem exists with the default ./configure options
"GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)".

It seems that Misc/Default and Fontset/startup:... are the same font.

	Marko

* [marko.makela@hut.fi: Re: incorrect X11 display update]
@ 2003-06-03  4:07 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-06-03  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

For anyone who can try to debug this...

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:37:37 +0300
From: Marko =?iso-8859-1?B?TeRrZWzk?= <marko.makela@hut.fi>
To: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Sender: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Marko_M=C3=A4kel=C3=A4?= <msmakela@bim>
If it is of any help, the pop-up menu displayed by mouse-set-font
shows "startup: 18-dot medium" in the Fontset menu.  There are two
other fontsets in the menu.  The fontset "standard: 16-dot medium"
does not trigger the bug, but "default" does.  The bug can also be
reproduced with "Default" from the "Misc" menu.

I can try the current CVS snapshot later next week.

	Marko