* [gerd.moellmann@t-online.de: Re: [Don Saklad <dsaklad@gnu.org>] How to correct or bypass an error. Control-u f rmail in emacs onfencepost]
@ 2003-05-03 15:23 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2003-05-03 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

could a sendmail expert comment on whether or not unconditional "-t" in
mail/sendmail.el `sendmail-send-it' in the presence of Resent-* headers
is appropriate?  my gut feeling is that this change was intended as
temporary, since the code is still there, just commented out.  Gerd does
not remember the details.

background: the reported misbehavior is that `C-u f' in rmail on
fencepost results in the MTA signalling error (it does not accept
"Resent-*" headers when using "-t").

thi

  From: gerd.moellmann@t-online.de (Gerd Moellmann)
  Subject: Re: [Don Saklad <dsaklad@gnu.org>] How to correct or bypass an error. Control-u f rmail in emacs on fencepost
  Date: 03 May 2003 16:51:11 +0200

  Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@glug.org> writes:

  > i notice a 2001-03-21 change in emacs/mail/sendmail.el:
  >
  > 	* mail/sendmail.el (sendmail-send-it): Don't parse Resent-*
  > 	headers.  Always invoke sendmail with option -t.
  >
  > that seems to trigger the problem described below.  was this change
  > supposed to be temporary?

  I'm sorry, but I don't remember a bit of this.  Maybe some on
  emacs-devel remembers.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-03 15:23 UTC | newest]