* xml-lite mode
       [not found] <m3lmf0pk7n.fsf@byrd.int.cortexebusiness.com.au>
@ 2002-10-09  9:11 ` nferrier
From: nferrier @ 2002-10-09  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been writing a lot of xml lately and I can't do without
xml-lite-mode.

This file doesn't seem to be included in the standard emacs
distro. There was talk of adding the xml-lite mode facilities to the
existing sgml-mode, that hasn't happened as yet (AFAIK).

I'd like to beg for xml-lite to be made part of emacs. It's such a
useful tool if one has to write xml.

Nic Ferrier

* Re: xml-lite mode
@ 2002-10-09 16:00   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-10-09 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> This file doesn't seem to be included in the standard emacs
> distro. There was talk of adding the xml-lite mode facilities to the
> existing sgml-mode, that hasn't happened as yet (AFAIK).

xml-lite has been merged into sgml-mode.
But you're right that it's not in "the standard Emacs distro" because
that merge is only available in the development version of Emacs.
You can get it from savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs.

* Re: xml-lite mode
@ 2002-10-10  8:42   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-10-10  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    This file doesn't seem to be included in the standard emacs
    distro. There was talk of adding the xml-lite mode facilities to the
    existing sgml-mode, that hasn't happened as yet (AFAIK).

Could the people who were discussing that tell us where the discussion
concluded?

* Re: xml-lite mode
@ 2002-10-10 13:05     ` Mike Williams
From: Mike Williams @ 2002-10-10 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

  >> There was talk of adding the xml-lite mode facilities to the existing
  >> sgml-mode, that hasn't happened as yet (AFAIK).

  Stefan> xml-lite has been merged into sgml-mode.

As Stefan says, all the features of xml-lite (and with his help, a number
of improvements) are now available in the CVS version of sgml-mode.

--
cheers, Mike

"Don't pet the sweaty things."