* [fred@mail.rons.net.cn: problem in GNU Emacs 21.2 for Windows]
@ 2002-09-01 13:14 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-09-01 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Want to look at this?

Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 00:11:19 +0800 (CST)
From: Hong Feng <fred@mail.rons.net.cn>
To: rms@gnu.org
cc: fred@mail.rons.net.cn
Subject: problem in GNU Emacs 21.2 for Windows

One of my friend downloaded GNU Emacs 21.2 for Windows ( it is
emacs-21.2-fullbin-i386.tar.gz from the ftp.gnu.org), and tried
it, she encountered a problem: when she trys to open a directory
on a remote machine (not for the reserved port number) by ange-ftp
such as:

     C-x C-f /frederic@mail.rons.net.cn 8021:/

Emacs prompts her to input the password, after entrying the password,
then it prompts listing, and the program stops there.

But,

     C-x C-f /frederic@mail.rons.net.cn:/home/fred

works fine.

I just verified this, and she is right. (BTW, GNU Emacs 20.7 for
Windows does not have this problem.)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-01 13:14 UTC | newest]