* updating from latest CVS.
@ 2002-08-27 22:28 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2002-08-27 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is the following a real bug in the latest Savannah CVS?  I am not
exactly an experienced CVS user, but I have updated several times
already without any problems.  Since I ran into problems this time I
tried to use make bootstrap, as suggested.

I did:

./configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
make bootstrap

End of make bootstrap output:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/leim'
(cd man; make  info)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/man'
cd /home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/man; makeinfo emacs.texi
./display.texi:1009: Misplaced {.
./display.texi:1009: Misplaced }.
makeinfo: Removing output file `../info/emacs' due to errors; use
--force to preserve.
make[1]: *** [../info/emacs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/man'
make: *** [info] Error 2

(I use a separate directory /home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir for building my
CVS emacs)

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: updating from latest CVS.
@ 2002-08-27 22:38 ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2002-08-27 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

The problem I descibed in my previous message seems related to a
change Richard made today:

Involved lines:

You can control how the cursor appears when it blinks off
by setting the variable @cindex{blink-cursor-alist}.

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: updating from latest CVS.
@ 2002-08-28  1:02   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2002-08-28  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Luc Teirlinck <teirllm@dms.auburn.edu> writes:
> The problem I descibed in my previous message seems related to a
> change Richard made today

I fixed this.

In general, such errors in texinfo files are simple typos with an
obvious fix; you can just go ahead and fix them without comment I think.

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!

* Re: updating from latest CVS.
@ 2002-08-28  5:26     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-08-28  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Luc Teirlinck, emacs-devel

On 28 Aug 2002, Miles Bader wrote:

> In general, such errors in texinfo files are simple typos

I guess Richard typed "@c M-/" hoping to get @code ;-)

* Re: updating from latest CVS.
@ 2002-08-28 23:32   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-08-28 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: teirllm, emacs-devel

    You can control how the cursor appears when it blinks off
    by setting the variable @cindex{blink-cursor-alist}.

I see someone fixed that.  Thanks for fixing it.