* Re: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
@ 2022-10-06  6:50 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2022-10-06  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Rob Browning writes:
>Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> The above means (AFAIU) that disabling is not the right solution,
>> because you want the *.eln files to go to the shared location where
>> users could have them loaded when needed.  Is that correct, or am I
>> again missing something?
>

>The package install/upgrade process is system-wide, runs as root, and is
>specifically and quite intentionally not per-user.  It's intended to
>establish the static, common baseline for *all* users on the machine
>until the next package upgrade.

So my question... aren't the eln files generated from e.g.
emacs-x.y.tar.gz downloaded from savannah something that *all* users will
expect to have?

/PA
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet