* Re: Re: Sv: Emacs as a word processor (ways to convert Word/RTF proprietary files)
@ 2020-12-27  6:49 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2020-12-27  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> As for the original problem: I'm pretty sure it'd be hard enough to
solve the problem for ODT documents, so I'd focus on that first (and
leave the compatibility with formats that are actively designed to be
hard to support (like docx) to other tools).

You open a DOCX file with Emacs and you'll see it's a ZIP file with a lot
of XMLs inside. I've been working on a Python program to extract the text
and (some) formatting and convert the file to TeX. I needed it, but as
someone said, at the end of the day it's boring...

Re RTF, there are some Open Source projects out there that generate RTF
(latex2rtf comes to my mind, I contributed to it some time ago) While the
export is doable, import is going to be frustrating.

Just mu .02 cents, /PA

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler