* M-x menu-SPACE SPACE SPACE in master
@ 2021-02-16 20:00 chad
From: chad @ 2021-02-16 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EMACS development team

With a fresh-built master and emacs -Q, when I type "M-x menu<SPACE>
<SPACE> <SPACE>", the first space adds "-", the second adds "bar-", and the
third adds "-", giving me "menu-bar--" and shooting past my intended
destination "menu-bar-mode". Is this intentional, or perhaps a side-effect
of recent M-x changes?  Is this perhaps an artifact of the doubled dashes
coming after the single dash between menu and bar?

In that same emacs -Q, if I:

(defun menu-bar---foo ()
>   (interactive)
>   (message "Yo."))

Then space-completion in M-x continues from "menu-bar--" to "menu-bar---"
without showing any of the other options it's "completing past", so it
seems to be consistent.

If this is a long-standing behavior that I've just not noticed recently
(possible), I wonder if there's a way to disable it? If I press '?' instead
of the third space, I get a completion list that's in line with what I
expected from the third space, including the double-dash and single-dash
commands.

Thanks,
~Chad

* Re: M-x menu-SPACE SPACE SPACE in master
@ 2021-02-16 20:28 ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2021-02-16 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chad; +Cc: EMACS development team