* Add hook by default
@ 2016-04-13 10:52 psachin
From: psachin @ 2016-04-13 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi all,

We can install extensions via package-list but some extensions may require
to add hook by-hand

For example

(add-hook 'find-file-hook 'some-extension)

Can we do this programatically? so that users don't have to do this after
installing an extension.

--
Sachin
psachin.github.io

* Re: Add hook by default
@ 2016-04-13 13:01 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2016-04-13 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> Can we do this programatically? so that users don't have to do this after
> installing an extension.

Yes, you can run any code you want with:

    ;;;###autoload
    (blabla)
or
    ;;;###autoload (blabla)

Both will cause "(blabla)" to be added to the <pkg>-autoloads.el file,
which is preloaded when you run `package-initialize`.

* Re: Add hook by default
@ 2016-04-13 14:49   ` psachin
From: psachin @ 2016-04-13 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Emacs developers