* status of ruby-mode.el
@ 2012-03-22 14:58 Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2012-03-22 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

What's the status of the ruby-mode.el included in Emacs?

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/173561

I found this message on the ruby mailing-list which suggests development
was supposed to move to Emacs, but the Ruby's HEAD version of ruby-mode.el
clearly has further changes.  For example:  The new hash syntax is
supported in the Ruby HEAD version.

See this Stackoverflow question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9135762/emacs-ruby-mode-not-so-strange-indentation-for-new-rails-code-conventions

--
Le

* Re: status of ruby-mode.el
@ 2012-03-22 16:36 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2012-03-22 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,What's the status of the ruby-mode.el included in Emacs?
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/173561I found this message on the ruby
> mailing-list which suggests development was supposed to move to Emacs,
> but the Ruby's HEAD version of ruby-mode.el clearly has further
> changes.
> For example: The new hash syntax is supported in the Ruby HEAD version.

The new hash syntax is already supported in the Emacs trunk version, and
it had a related fix committed recently
(http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10786),
which is not present in Ruby HEAD.

That's not to say we wouldn't benefit from pulling the latest changes
from it -- `ruby-toggle-block` looks especially nice.

-- Dmitry

* Re: status of ruby-mode.el
@ 2012-03-22 17:38 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-03-22 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Wang; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I found this message on the ruby mailing-list which suggests development
> was supposed to move to Emacs, but the Ruby's HEAD version of ruby-mode.el
> clearly has further changes.

Damn!  Could someone take care of this problem (.i.e. merge their
changes into our trunk and then try to make it won't happen again)?

* Re: status of ruby-mode.el
@ 2012-04-01  4:52   ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2012-04-01  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi Stefan,

>> I found this message on the ruby mailing-list which suggests development
>> was supposed to move to Emacs, but the Ruby's HEAD version of ruby-mode.el
>> clearly has further changes.
>
> Damn!  Could someone take care of this problem (.i.e. merge their
> changes into our trunk and then try to make it won't happen again)?

I can prepare a patch (or several) with unmerged changes from upstream,
if that will help, but how would one go about the latter part?

Did you mean just keep an eye on them?

-- Dmitry