* Re: master 73f37da: Disable undo in the process buffers of a JSONRPC connection
       [not found] ` <20191213163544.A0FEF2111A@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2019-12-13 18:28   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2019-12-13 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: João Távora

Hi João,

>     Disable undo in the process buffers of a JSONRPC connection
> +      (buffer-disable-undo)
>        (set-marker (process-mark proc) (point-min))
>        (let ((inhibit-read-only t)) (erase-buffer) (read-only-mode t) proc))
> +    (with-current-buffer stderr
> +      (buffer-disable-undo))

Assuming those buffers are only used internally and are not intended to
be displayed to the end-user (other than for debugging purposes), then
using buffer names with a leading space should take care of this
(undo is disabled by default in those buffers).

If you're already using a leading space in those buffers's names, then
I wonder how/why their undo was enabled in the first place.

* Re: master 73f37da: Disable undo in the process buffers of a JSONRPC connection
@ 2019-12-13 21:09     ` João Távora
From: João Távora @ 2019-12-13 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel