* Xref on GNU ELPA missing version: http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/xref.html
@ 2020-05-14 22:21 João Távora
From: João Távora @ 2020-05-14 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Hi Stefan,

In elpa.git's

commit e2e82cdea95d26c914b2e83acfc6e83230f4163b
Author: João Távora
Date: Wed May 13 11:59:52 2020 +0100

  * externals-list ("eldoc", "project", "xref"): New :core packages

I did what we had agreed.  Today I see project, and eldoc showing up
in the http://elpa.gnu.org/packages list, as expected, but xref doesn't
have a version identifier. Why is this happening?

Is it safe to require from Eglot?

João

PS: Trying to make elpa.git in my machine gets me an error message

In toplevel form:
packages/ebdb-gnorb/ebdb-gnorb.el:30:1:Error: Cannot open load file:
No such file or directory, ebdb-format
make: *** [GNUmakefile:173: packages/ebdb-gnorb/ebdb-gnorb.elc] Error 1

* Re: Xref on GNU ELPA missing version: http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/xref.html
@ 2020-05-15 14:23 ` João Távora
From: João Távora @ 2020-05-15 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel, Dmitry Gutov

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 11:21 PM João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> wrote:

> in the http://elpa.gnu.org/packages list, as expected, but xref doesn't
> have a version identifier. Why is this happening?

I still don't know what happened but it might have been the fact
that xref.el depended on another package that was just as brand
new: project.e;.  Dmitry changed the project.el version number and
I fixed xref.el to depend on that.  Bumped xref.el's "Version:", too.

Let's see what tomorrow brings,
João