* adding ansi-color faces for themes that do not have them
@ 2022-12-14  7:10 Yilkal Argaw
From: Yilkal Argaw @ 2022-12-14  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

Shell and Eshell in emacs inherit from ansi-colors which affects how output
from command line programs that make use of them. While many of the themes
included with emacs define faces for them, others do not. Specifically
adwaita, deeper-blue, light-blue, manoj-dark, tsdh-dark, tsdh-light,
wheatgrass and whiteboard themes. This makes output from terminal
applications that make use of ansi-colors look awkward or hard to read when
using those themes(i.e. in shell or eshell). Is it possible to enforce
definitions for ansi-colors at least in the themes that are included with
emacs. Because interaction with the shells is an essential part of using
emacs for so many people.

With Regards
Yilkal

* Re: adding ansi-color faces for themes that do not have them
@ 2022-12-14 12:26 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-12-14 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yilkal Argaw; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Yilkal Argaw <yilkalargawworkneh@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 07:10:08 +0000
>
> Shell and Eshell in emacs inherit from ansi-colors which affects how output from command line programs
> that make use of them. While many of the themes included with emacs define faces for them, others do not.
> Specifically adwaita, deeper-blue, light-blue, manoj-dark, tsdh-dark, tsdh-light, wheatgrass and whiteboard
> themes. This makes output from terminal applications that make use of ansi-colors look awkward or hard to
> read when using those themes(i.e. in shell or eshell). Is it possible to enforce definitions for ansi-colors at
> least in the themes that are included with emacs. Because interaction with the shells is an essential part of
> using emacs for so many people.

Please report this as a bug, so we don't forget the issue.

Thanks.

* Re: adding ansi-color faces for themes that do not have them
@ 2022-12-14 12:40   ` Yilkal Argaw
From: Yilkal Argaw @ 2022-12-14 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel