* Surfing https protocol enabled website from within emacs through socks5 proxy.
@ 2020-11-23 12:09 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2020-11-23 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

On Ubuntu 20.04, I compiled the latest git master version of emacs.
Now I want to use the eww to browse https protocol enabled website
from within emacs through socks5 proxy.

I add the following settings in my ~/.emcas config file:

(setq url-gateway-method 'socks)
(setq socks-server '("Default server" "127.0.0.1" 18888 5))

But, it seems that the above settings only enabled me to access the
http protocol based website. For https enabled website, say,
https://www.google.com, eww failed to open it at all. The following
info will reside in the bottom buffer for ever:

Contacting host: www.google.com:443

Any hints for this problem will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic Vocational and Technical University
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-23 12:09 UTC | newest]