* How can one subscribe/watch a debbugs?
@ 2016-07-22 23:30 Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-07-22 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

I would be interested in knowing the progress on certain debbugs. The
question in the email subject applies specifically to debbugs that I did
not initiate.

Even though I reply to such a debbugs, I would miss all future
communications on that debbugs if people forget to CC me.

Is there something I can email control@debbugs.gnu.org so that I get all
future correspondence on a particular debbugs (including meta data update
like made blocking or unblocking, etc).
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: How can one subscribe/watch a debbugs?
@ 2016-07-23  4:23 ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2016-07-23  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: Emacs developers

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there something I can email control@debbugs.gnu.org so that I get all
> future correspondence on a particular debbugs (including meta data update
> like made blocking or unblocking, etc).

It's currently not implemented, see

* Re: How can one subscribe/watch a debbugs?
@ 2016-07-23 13:26   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-07-23 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noam Postavsky; +Cc: Emacs developers

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 12:23 AM Noam Postavsky <
npostavs@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> It's currently not implemented, see
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5439

Thanks for that info, Noam.

Also, as Eli mentioned in one of the debbugs threads, the only workaround
for this,for now, is to subscribe to the emacs bugs list. But then that
will make me subscribe to *all* bugs.
--

@ 2016-07-25  8:18     ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2016-07-25  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 12:23 AM Noam Postavsky <
> npostavs@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> It's currently not implemented, see
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5439
>

> Thanks for that info, Noam.
>
> Also, as Eli mentioned in one of the debbugs threads, the only workaround
> for this,for now, is to subscribe to the emacs bugs list. But then that
> will make me subscribe to *all* bugs.

Or read gmane.emacs.bugs (either over nntp or via the web interface)

* Re: How can one subscribe/watch a debbugs?
@ 2016-07-25 14:57       ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-07-25 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel, rpluim

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 4:18 AM Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or read gmane.emacs.bugs (either over nntp or via the web interface)

Thanks Robert,

I anyways browse the debbugs in web browsers using the gmane or the GNU
archives pages.

But I am looking for a way to be notified of updates only in the threads
that I am following or am involved in.
--

@ 2016-07-25 16:39         ` che
From: che @ 2016-07-25 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> But I am looking for a way to be notified of updates only in the
> threads that I am following or am involved in.

I read the mailinglist using gmane with gnus. Gnus adaptive scoring does
a good job selecting the threads I'm interested in.

--
 Christer

* Re: How can one subscribe/watch a debbugs?
@ 2016-08-02 20:55         ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-08-02 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: rpluim, emacs-devel

KM> But I am looking for a way to be notified of updates only in the threads
KM> that I am following or am involved in.

This would be extremely valuable to have, and is something that GitHub, for
example, does quite well (the ability to individually watch or unwatch whole
packages, patch requests, bugs, etc).

* Re: How can one subscribe/watch a debbugs?
@ 2016-08-17 11:53           ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2016-08-17 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com> writes:

> KM> But I am looking for a way to be notified of updates only in the threads
> KM> that I am following or am involved in.
>
> This would be extremely valuable to have, and is something that GitHub, for
> example, does quite well (the ability to individually watch or unwatch whole
> packages, patch requests, bugs, etc).

The Debian bugs server documents the email address
<nnn-subscribe@bugs.debian.org>, in order to subscribe to emails about
bug#nnn. See <https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-refcard>.

Our Debbugs server does not speak about, see
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/server-refcard.html>. Will check whether we
could enable this feature.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: How can one subscribe/watch a debbugs?
@ 2016-08-17 12:09             ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-08-17 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus, Emacs developers