* pgtk: dframe-reposition-frame doesn't work
@ 2021-06-15  6:46 Yasushi SHOJI
From: Yasushi SHOJI @ 2021-06-15  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: masm

Hi Yuuki and others,

Thank you for working on PGTK. It's great to see emacs working on
Wayland without X.

Today I noticed that the speedbar frame doesn't attach to the main frame
when I `(speedbar-get-focus)`.  Does anyone see this behaviour?

An ECM I came up with is this:

,----
`----
--
               yashi

* Re: pgtk: dframe-reposition-frame doesn't work
@ 2021-06-15  8:21 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2021-06-15  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasushi SHOJI; +Cc: masm, emacs-devel

    Yasushi> Hi Yuuki and others,
    Yasushi> Thank you for working on PGTK. It's great to see emacs working on
    Yasushi> Wayland without X.

    Yasushi> Today I noticed that the speedbar frame doesn't attach to the main frame
    Yasushi> when I `(speedbar-get-focus)`.  Does anyone see this behaviour?

When using pgtk, frame positioning does not work at all. See
bug#44961. This is a Wayland issue that Iʼm not sure Emacs can work
around.

The only form of frame positioning that works is when doing it for a
child frame, which I donʼt think speedbar uses.

Robert

* Re: pgtk: dframe-reposition-frame doesn't work
@ 2021-06-15 14:39   ` Yasushi SHOJI
From: Yasushi SHOJI @ 2021-06-15 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: masm, emacs-devel

Hi Robert,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 5:21 PM Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:
> When using pgtk, frame positioning does not work at all. See
> bug#44961. This is a Wayland issue that Iʼm not sure Emacs can work
> around.

Ah, thanks.

I didn't know we have pgtk related issues in the bts.
--

@ 2021-06-15 16:03     ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2021-06-15 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasushi SHOJI; +Cc: masm, emacs-devel

    Yasushi> Hi Robert,
    Yasushi> On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 5:21 PM Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> When using pgtk, frame positioning does not work at all. See
    >> bug#44961. This is a Wayland issue that Iʼm not sure Emacs can work
    >> around.

    Yasushi> Ah, thanks.

    Yasushi> I didn't know we have pgtk related issues in the bts.

The pgtk branch is hosted in the Emacs repository these days, since
weʼre trying to get it ready for integration into master, hence bug
reports about it go to the Emacs bts.

Robert