* Merge conflicts
@ 2020-08-31 17:18 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2020-08-31 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael.albinus; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

Automatic merge of emacs-27 to master failed with numerous tramp conflicts.
Please could you resolve these? TIA.

       both modified:   doc/misc/tramp.texi
       both modified:   doc/misc/trampver.texi
       both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-adb.el
       both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-gvfs.el
       both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-rclone.el
       both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-sh.el
       both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-smb.el
       both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-sudoedit.el
       both modified:   lisp/net/tramp.el
       both modified:   lisp/net/trampver.el
       both modified:   test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.el

* Re: Merge conflicts
@ 2020-08-31 17:28 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2020-08-31 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Glenn,

> Automatic merge of emacs-27 to master failed with numerous tramp conflicts.
> Please could you resolve these? TIA.
>
>        both modified:   doc/misc/tramp.texi
>        both modified:   doc/misc/trampver.texi
>        both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-adb.el
>        both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-gvfs.el
>        both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-rclone.el
>        both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-sh.el
>        both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-smb.el
>        both modified:   lisp/net/tramp-sudoedit.el
>        both modified:   lisp/net/tramp.el
>        both modified:   lisp/net/trampver.el
>        both modified:   test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.el

These shouldn't have been merged. Unfortunately, I forgot to mark this
in the commit message. Therefore, I've tried a merge on my own
afterwards, hoping that if I skip this commit it will be OK. But I seem
to have failed :-(

Anyway, just skip this. After your merge I will double-check that
everything is OK.

Sorry for the trouble, and best regards, Michael.

* Merge conflicts
@ 2021-10-04 15:22 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2021-10-04 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The emacs-28 branch is already accruing merge conflicts against master,
which is a bit depressing. Please think about these things if you are
changing the same file on both branches. Eg remember to write
"do not merge to master" in the log when appropriate (ef6c43b896?).
Thanks!

* Re: Merge conflicts
@ 2021-10-04 15:24 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2021-10-04 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Eg remember to write "do not merge to master" in the log when
> appropriate (ef6c43b896?).

Oops; sorry.

* Re: Merge conflicts
@ 2021-10-04 15:26 ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2021-10-04 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs developers

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> The emacs-28 branch is already accruing merge conflicts against master,
> which is a bit depressing. Please think about these things if you are
> changing the same file on both branches. Eg remember to write
> "do not merge to master" in the log when appropriate (ef6c43b896?).

Thank you for the reminder, and many thanks for doing these merges.