* "[Video links:]" blocks
@ 2021-05-13  3:06 Eduardo Ochs
From: Eduardo Ochs @ 2021-05-13  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi list,

I've been experimenting with ways to use links to positions in videos
for some years, and I think that I finally found a syntax that is good
enough. Now the sandboxed tutorials of eev have lots of blocks like
this one:

[Video links:]
  (find-eevnavvideo "10:36" "if I type <f8> six times here")
  (find-eevnavvideo "10:50" "a shell running inside Emacs")
  (find-eev2019video "15:11" "Demo: the eepitch block (in red star lines)")
  (find-eev2019video "15:48" "Demo: eepitch on non-red star lines")
  (find-eev2019video "15:56" "Demo: eepitch in action")
  (find-eevtestblsvideo "2:33" "if I run f8 here I start a new Lua interpreter")

and they are htmlized in a nice way - see:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#6

Also, I've made a video about this, at:

  http://angg.twu.net/2021-video-links.html
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos/2021-video-links.mp4
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqWufQgzVY

I've tried to make everything as friendly as possible to people with
very short attention spans.

I think that some of these ideas can be ported to Org and Hyperbole.
I am not the right person to implement them, but if anyone would like
to chat about the details of the current implementation - that are
quite simple - or, more important, about what I felt that was ugly in
my other (20?) implementations of video links, please get in touch!

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev
    edrx at Freenode

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-13  3:06 UTC | newest]