* Theravada Buddhist calendar and holidays
@ 2022-12-26  5:12 David O'Toole
From: David O'Toole @ 2022-12-26  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi everyone. Recently it has occurred to me that I would like to have
Theravada Buddhist holidays in my Emacs calendar. This is a nontrivial
undertaking and I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew of an
existing effort so that I could avoid duplicating work. I found a file of
diary entries for Mahanikaya but it contains only Uposathas (no other
holidays), and Mahanikaya is not the method I need to use for a Theravada
calendar anyway. Perhaps someone here will know of existing work. Assuming
the result is a correct Theravada calendar (and I will be consulting two
very learned Buddhist friends at every step of the way to ensure that it is
correct) and formatted to GNU Code standards, I'd be happy to submit it for
your consideration.

Let me know your thoughts! I wasn't able to find much online, but thought
it would be prudent to ask here.

Thank you.

---David