* Performing a 4 way diff with ediff
@ 2017-01-14  0:27 Dan LaManna
From: Dan LaManna @ 2017-01-14  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I've been using ediff to resolve merge conflicts in git and it has the
typical windows: ours, theirs, and merged results. However, I often want
to see a 4th window (I believe this is called a 4 way diff) which is the
common ancestor of ours and theirs (A and B). I believe such
functionality exists in vimdiff - is there an ediff (or other emacs
tool) offering similar functionality to this?

Thanks,

Dan

* Re: Performing a 4 way diff with ediff
@ 2017-01-14  0:55 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2017-01-14  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan LaManna; +Cc: emacs-devel

DL> I've been using ediff to resolve merge conflicts in git and it has the
DL> typical windows: ours, theirs, and merged results. However, I often want
DL> to see a 4th window (I believe this is called a 4 way diff) which is the
DL> common ancestor of ours and theirs (A and B). I believe such functionality
DL> exists in vimdiff - is there an ediff (or other emacs tool) offering
DL> similar functionality to this?

Based on this stack overflow answer, maybe not yet:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15587595/can-ediff-merge-simultaneously-show-the-ancestor-a-b-and-merge-buffers

* Re: Performing a 4 way diff with ediff
@ 2017-01-20 11:19   ` Philipp Stephani
From: Philipp Stephani @ 2017-01-20 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan LaManna, emacs-devel