* e73b0d6: Implement unprettification of symbol at point
@ 2015-09-30 15:54 Mark Oteiza
From: Mark Oteiza @ 2015-09-30 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Tassilo Horn

>    * lisp/progmodes/prog-mode.el: Implement feature for unprettifying the
>    symbol at point.
>    (prettify-symbols--current-symbol-bounds): New variable.
>    (prettify-symbols--post-command-hook): New function.
>    (prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point): New defcustom.
>    (prettify-symbols-mode): Use it.
>    (prettify-symbols--compose-symbol): Use them.

All the new changing of text properties is modifying the buffer.

Also, why is this defaulting to on?

* Re: e73b0d6: Implement unprettification of symbol at point
@ 2015-10-01  8:07 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2015-10-01  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Oteiza; +Cc: emacs-devel

Mark Oteiza <mvoteiza@udel.edu> writes:

>>    * lisp/progmodes/prog-mode.el: Implement feature for unprettifying the
>>    symbol at point.
>>    (prettify-symbols--current-symbol-bounds): New variable.
>>    (prettify-symbols--post-command-hook): New function.
>>    (prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point): New defcustom.
>>    (prettify-symbols-mode): Use it.
>>    (prettify-symbols--compose-symbol): Use them.
>
> All the new changing of text properties is modifying the buffer.
>
> Also, why is this defaulting to on?

Just for informing you: a copy of this mail without Cc to emacs-devel
was sent to my email address.  I've solved the modification issue, and
the feature is now off by default.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: e73b0d6: Implement unprettification of symbol at point
@ 2015-10-01 13:57 ` Artur Malabarba
From: Artur Malabarba @ 2015-10-01 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Oteiza; +Cc: Tassilo Horn, emacs-devel

> All the new changing of text properties is modifying the buffer.

I think this was addressed in a later commit.

> Also, why is this defaulting to on?

So those who follow the master branch are exposed to it and give feedback.
We can always change the default.

* Re: e73b0d6: Implement unprettification of symbol at point
@ 2015-10-03  0:49   ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2015-10-03  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Artur Malabarba; +Cc: Mark Oteiza, emacs-devel, Tassilo Horn

Hi Artur,

Would you please edit the NEWS entry for this feature?  It says "symbols
are not prettified while point is inside them", but the default value of
`prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point' is nil now.

* Re: e73b0d6: Implement unprettification of symbol at point
@ 2015-10-03  5:51     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2015-10-03  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: Artur Malabarba, Mark Oteiza, emacs-devel

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> Would you please edit the NEWS entry for this feature?  It says "symbols
> are not prettified while point is inside them", but the default value of
> `prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point' is nil now.

Done!

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: e73b0d6: Implement unprettification of symbol at point
@ 2015-10-03  7:12       ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2015-10-03  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao, Artur Malabarba, Mark Oteiza, emacs-devel

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:
> Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Would you please edit the NEWS entry for this feature?  It says "symbols
>> are not prettified while point is inside them", but the default value of
>> `prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point' is nil now.
>
> Done!

Thanks, Tassilo!