* eww bookmarks and url cookies
@ 2013-06-26 17:05 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-06-26 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've added support for displaying and editing the url.el cookies -- `M-x
url-cookies-list'.

And while I was at it, I added bookmarks to eww.  I realised what I had
missed for years was a way to easily look at a series of web sites in
sequence, and quickly scan them, so I added `M-n'/`M-p' commands to eww
to do that with the bookmark list.

My use case is that I want to know when the next concert is coming up,
so I have to poll these sites constantly:

http://www.blaaoslo.no/program/          Program | Blå
http://www.lufthavna.no/cafe-mir/        Grünerløkka Lufthavn
http://thecrossroadclub.no/program/      The Crossroad Club   » PROGRAM
http://www.revolveroslo.no/nb/program    Program | Revolver
http://nasjonaljazzscene.no/arrangement/ Arrangement |  Nasjonal Jazzscene
http://rockefeller.no/index.html         Rockefeller Music Hall - John Dee L
http://www.cafemono.no/program/          Program «  Mono

This should save me hours and hours of time.  I mean, if I use it for
the rest of my life, I'll probably have saved as much time as I spent
writing it.  At least.

* Re: eww bookmarks and url cookies
@ 2013-06-26 22:57 ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-06-26 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> And while I was at it, I added bookmarks to eww.

For bookmarks, I think we can improve the existing webjump.el instead of
writing a new one in eww.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

* Re: eww bookmarks and url cookies
@ 2013-06-26 23:51   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-06-26 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: emacs-devel

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> For bookmarks, I think we can improve the existing webjump.el instead of
> writing a new one in eww.

I wasn't aware of webjump.el.  If I'm reading the code right, it
requires that you maintain an alist of stuff by hand?  I don't really
see much in there that could be reused by the eww bookmark code -- it's
more of a curated list of links.

* Re: eww bookmarks and url cookies
@ 2013-06-27 12:28 ` Aurélien Aptel
From: Aurélien Aptel @ 2013-06-27 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
> This should save me hours and hours of time.  I mean, if I use it for
> the rest of my life, I'll probably have saved as much time as I spent
> writing it.  At least.

Relevant xkcd
http://xkcd.com/1205/

* Re: eww bookmarks and url cookies
@ 2013-06-27 22:46   ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-06-27 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Aurélien Aptel
<aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
>> This should save me hours and hours of time.  I mean, if I use it for
>> the rest of my life, I'll probably have saved as much time as I spent
>> writing it.  At least.
>
> Relevant xkcd
> http://xkcd.com/1205/

I do have some sympathy with this xkcd when learning Org. ;-)