* Emacs XWidgets - Google Summer of Code 2014
@ 2014-04-27 22:16 Nick Salerni
From: Nick Salerni @ 2014-04-27 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

My name is Nick Salerni, a second year (going into third) computer science student in Toronto, Canada and I got accepted into the Google Summer of Code 2014 program. The organization I will be working with the GNU Project on the XWidgets projects for Emacs.

I would like to know how to get started with the Copyright assignment paperwork. Can the process be completed entirely electronically? If so, where can the online form be found? If not, what is the process?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Nick Salerni

* Re: Emacs XWidgets - Google Summer of Code 2014
@ 2014-04-28  6:30 ` Jarek Czekalski
From: Jarek Czekalski @ 2014-04-28  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi Nick

Usually the team asks you to complete the paperwork once they see you
have something useful to commit. So it may happen after reviewing your
first patch.

Best
Jarek

@ 2014-04-28  7:23 ` Rüdiger Sonderfeld
From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld @ 2014-04-28  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Nick Salerni

On Sunday 27 April 2014 18:16:20 Nick Salerni wrote:
> My name is Nick Salerni, a second year (going into third) computer science
> student in Toronto, Canada and I got accepted into the Google Summer of
> Code 2014 program. The organization I will be working with the GNU Project
> on the XWidgets projects for Emacs.

Welcome!

> I would like to know how to get started with the Copyright assignment
> paperwork. Can the process be completed entirely electronically? If so,
> where can the online form be found? If not, what is the process?

It is semi-electronically now.  You send the request via e-mail and they send
you the contract which you then print have and sign.  But you scan it and send
back via e-mail again.  So snail-mail is no longer involved but you need to
sign it non-electronically.  (AFAIK)

More information here:

https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html

and the request template:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/plain/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future

Regards,
Rüdiger

* Re: Emacs XWidgets - Google Summer of Code 2014
@ 2014-04-28 11:05   ` Aurélien Aptel
From: Aurélien Aptel @ 2014-04-28 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rüdiger Sonderfeld; +Cc: Nick Salerni, Emacs development discussions

Welcome Nick!

It would be great if you could report occasionally on what you are
working on or after completing a significant step. You don't have to
say much, it can be brief.
I know I haven't heard much from last year's projects and it's too bad
because I know they have worked.

Guile Emacs is being worked on for the third consecutive year if I'm
not mistaken and all we have apart from the commits is a short wiki
page which doesn't say much. By the way, are BT Templeton and Robin
Templeton the same person?
Same for last year's VC modernization and xwidget projects. What are
the changes? Were they merged?