* Windows binaries - trunk or release branch or both?
@ 2011-02-18 10:04 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-02-18 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger, Emacs-Devel devel

Hi Sean,

I just got a question whether I had some new windows binaries for the
trunk. I have, but I do not upload them any more since I believe you
do that.

However I can't find information about that. Do you upload binaries
from the trunk or the release branch or both? Where is the information
about this?

Perhaps it would be good if you updated EmacsWiki here:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryWThirtyTwo

* Re: Windows binaries - trunk or release branch or both?
@ 2011-02-18 10:33 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-02-18 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: sean.sieger, emacs-devel

> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:04:19 +0100
>
> Hi Sean,
>
> I just got a question whether I had some new windows binaries for the
> trunk. I have, but I do not upload them any more since I believe you
> do that.
>
> However I can't find information about that. Do you upload binaries
> from the trunk or the release branch or both?

I'm not Sean, but I know the answer: both trunk and branch binaries
are available.  The former in http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/,
the latter in http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/.

> Where is the information about this?

Sean posts here when he uploads a new build.

* Re: Windows binaries - trunk or release branch or both?
@ 2011-02-18 12:15   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-02-18 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: sean.sieger, emacs-devel

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
>> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:04:19 +0100
>>
>> Hi Sean,
>>
>> I just got a question whether I had some new windows binaries for the
>> trunk. I have, but I do not upload them any more since I believe you
>> do that.
>>
>> However I can't find information about that. Do you upload binaries
>> from the trunk or the release branch or both?
>
> I'm not Sean, but I know the answer: both trunk and branch binaries
> are available.  The former in http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/,
> the latter in http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/.

Thanks.

>> Where is the information about this?
>
> Sean posts here when he uploads a new build.

Yes, I know, but I still did not know where to find this information
(except searching the mail archive). Shouldn't we put that info
somewhere?

* Re: Windows binaries - trunk or release branch or both?
@ 2011-02-18 23:05     ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2011-02-18 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

    >> Where is the information about this?
    >
    > Sean posts here when he uploads a new build.

    Yes, I know, but I still did not know where to find this information
    (except searching the mail archive). Shouldn't we put that info
    somewhere?

The notices are also made on help-emacs-windows.

You've mentioned this before, you may put it wherever you'd like.

* Re: Windows binaries - trunk or release branch or both?
@ 2011-02-18 23:14       ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-02-18 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>    >> Where is the information about this?
>    >
>    > Sean posts here when he uploads a new build.
>
>    Yes, I know, but I still did not know where to find this information
>    (except searching the mail archive). Shouldn't we put that info
>    somewhere?
>
> The notices are also made on help-emacs-windows.
>
> You've mentioned this before, you may put it wherever you'd like.

Yes, put I thought we should have an official note about it. And if I
put it on EmacsWiki I might not notice if you change something so I
think it is better you put it there.

* Re: Windows binaries - trunk or release branch or both?
@ 2011-02-19  1:05         ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2011-02-19  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

    Yes, put I thought we should have an official note about it. And if I
    put it on EmacsWiki I might not notice if you change something so I
    think it is better you put it there.

I'm not an official anything and I don't have anything to put there,
Lennart.  I'm not sure I'd notice the change you refer to either, in
fact I don't even know what change you're talking about.

* Re: Windows binaries - trunk or release branch or both?
@ 2011-02-19  1:31           ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-02-19  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: Martin Stemplinger, emacs-devel

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>    Yes, put I thought we should have an official note about it. And if I
>    put it on EmacsWiki I might not notice if you change something so I
>    think it is better you put it there.
>
> I'm not an official anything and I don't have anything to put there,
> Lennart.  I'm not sure I'd notice the change you refer to either, in
> fact I don't even know what change you're talking about.

Oh, it is no secret you are contributing time and effort to make this
working ;-)

Anyway I see that Martin Stemplinger has fixed the page I referred to
now, thanks Martin.

So it looks good now, but if you are changing the way things works it
would be good if you changed that page too. (Doesn't this mean we
(un?)officially depend on EmacsWiki for this now?)