* Are Emacs bugs linked to Savannah?
@ 2019-08-05  3:35 pwr
From: pwr @ 2019-08-05  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Are Emacs bugs linked to Savannah as "items"?

As in, if a package's bug is reported to debbugs and assigned to me (or I
self-assign it), will it show up in the "my incoming items" page on Savannah
somehow?

* Selectively track ELPA package issues submitted to bug-gnu-emacs?
@ 2019-08-19  5:44 ` Paul W. Rankin
From: Paul W. Rankin @ 2019-08-19  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dear Emacs,

It doesn't appear that a magical connection exists between Emacs'
debbugs and Savannah, so what is the best way to track bugs submitted to
bug-gnu-emacs against specific ELPA packages without needing to receive
the entire list?

Or does this happen automatically given I am listed as the
author/maintainer of said packages?

On Mon, Aug 05 2019, pwr@sdf.org wrote:

> Are Emacs bugs linked to Savannah as "items"?
>
> As in, if a package's bug is reported to debbugs and assigned to me
> (or I
> self-assign it), will it show up in the "my incoming items" page on
> Savannah
> somehow?

* Re: Selectively track ELPA package issues submitted to bug-gnu-emacs?
@ 2019-08-20 12:32   ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2019-08-20 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul W. Rankin; +Cc: Emacs developers

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 01:45, Paul W. Rankin <pwr@sdf.org> wrote:

> It doesn't appear that a magical connection exists between Emacs'
> debbugs and Savannah, so what is the best way to track bugs submitted to
> bug-gnu-emacs against specific ELPA packages without needing to receive
> the entire list?
>
> Or does this happen automatically given I am listed as the
> author/maintainer of said packages?

No, I don't think there is a good way to do that right now, short of
subscribing to the list and setting up email filters yourself.

* Re: Selectively track ELPA package issues submitted to bug-gnu-emacs?
@ 2019-08-21  2:05     ` Paul W. Rankin
From: Paul W. Rankin @ 2019-08-21  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noam Postavsky; +Cc: Emacs developers

Can some effort be put towards changing this for those who have donated
their work to FSF? Transitioning packages from MELPA to GNU ELPA is
currently an imbalanced value proposition. Moreover, improving the
situation would be a tide that lifts all boats.

I see that Savannah already has "items" and apparently a way to assign
these, so that could be a good option.

I'd previously been subscribed with email filters as suggested, but this
isn't an (easy) option with the current email.

p.s. I know people on this list love starting debates; this is not an
invitation for a debate, only an account of my experience. Thanks.

@ 2019-08-21 15:47       ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2019-08-21 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to be able to get emails about bugs submitted to debbugs
against the ada-mode package.

I gather this requires some code on the debbugs server; what is the
process for changing that code?

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Selectively track ELPA package issues submitted to bug-gnu-emacs?
@ 2019-08-21 23:29         ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2019-08-21 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Leake; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 11:59, Stephen Leake
<stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote:

> I would like to be able to get emails about bugs submitted to debbugs
> against the ada-mode package.
>
> I gather this requires some code on the debbugs server; what is the
> process for changing that code?

There is a partly finished upgrade and move to have the debbugs server
code properly version controlled[1]. I meant to get the final push
done last winter; however, Real Life intervened and I was unable to. I
do still intend to work on it, I'm just not entirely sure when I'll be
able to make it happen. If anyone wants to help, that would certainly
be welcome.

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-debbugs/2018-06/msg00004.html

Some notes on the current setup:
https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/wikis/debbugs2-install-notes-org

You can see it running (with an old snapshot of the bug database) at
https://debbugs2p.gnu.org/

* Re: Selectively track ELPA package issues submitted to bug-gnu-emacs?
@ 2019-08-22  1:42         ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2019-08-22  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Leake; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stephen Leake wrote:

> I would like to be able to get emails about bugs submitted to debbugs
> against the ada-mode package.

Follow the steps on

https://debbugs.gnu.org/Using.html

which is linked from near the top of the d.g.o front page.

> I gather this requires some code on the debbugs server;

No it doesn't.

I see "ada-mode" is already in use as a debbugs package, but since
no-one went through the above steps (as far as I recall), it has no
associated maintainer address.

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=ada-mode

(Perhaps elpa packages should have an elpa- prefix to their package names.
With some effort, perhaps the list of packages and maintainers could be
automatically synced from elpa.gnu.org.)

* Re: Selectively track ELPA package issues submitted to bug-gnu-emacs?
@ 2019-08-27 16:35           ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2019-08-27 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

Thanks, I'll look into this. Since ada-mode already has a savannah home
page, it might make more sense to switch to using their bug tracker.