* New flex completion method: toggle case-sensitivity?
@ 2020-06-03 21:44 Sean Whitton
From: Sean Whitton @ 2020-06-03 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: João Távora; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hello João,

Thank you for fido-mode, which I've been trying out.

Is it currently possible to toggle the flex completion style's case
sensitivity?  I got used to completing this way with Ido and it would be
nice to keep it.

--
Sean Whitton

* Re: New flex completion method: toggle case-sensitivity?
@ 2020-06-03 22:33 ` João Távora
From: João Távora @ 2020-06-03 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Whitton; +Cc: emacs-devel

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> Hello João,
>
> Thank you for fido-mode, which I've been trying out.
>
> Is it currently possible to toggle the flex completion style's case
> sensitivity?  I got used to completing this way with Ido and it would
> be nice to keep it.

Hello Sean,

Thank you for the feedback.  Regarding your question, I have no idea.
Fido-mode doesn't make any provisions regarding case.  It should behave
like icomplete-mode, so I _would_ expect it to respond to
completion-ignore-case and its cousins
read-buffer-completion-ignore-case and
read-file-name-completion-ignore-case.

João

* Re: New flex completion method: toggle case-sensitivity?
@ 2020-06-03 23:04   ` Sean Whitton
From: Sean Whitton @ 2020-06-03 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: João Távora; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hello João,

On Wed 03 Jun 2020 at 11:33PM +01, João Távora wrote:

> Thank you for the feedback.  Regarding your question, I have no idea.
> Fido-mode doesn't make any provisions regarding case.  It should behave
> like icomplete-mode, so I _would_ expect it to respond to
> completion-ignore-case and its cousins
> read-buffer-completion-ignore-case and
> read-file-name-completion-ignore-case.

Thanks, setting those works.

Looking at my old Ido config, I don't believe I set anything to get the
case insensitivity, so maybe fido-mode's minibuffer-setup-hook ought to
set those three variables to true, by default, too, or similar, for
consistency with what Ido users expect.

--
Sean Whitton