* Re: Request for advice on GNUS internals. GSSAPI progress report
@ 2017-02-16 15:42 Live System User
       [not found] ` <CADtN0W+AdbL9xo2_M-bfV3K=Xsu5-puUJ1bA3aw_=KMT6hSv5w@mail.gmail.com>
From: Live System User @ 2017-02-16 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elias Mårtenson; +Cc: emacs-devel

Elias Mårtenson <lokedhs@gmail.com> writes:

> I am now able to read my email using a GSSAPI-authenticated connection.
>
> If anyone is willing to try it,

  I know that you are still testing but don't forget to remove your
  "message" statements in nnimap.el -- it prints out passwords.

  Not sure where it is but I believe Gnus has facilities to inhibit the
  display of passwords as well as only messaging when debugging is
  turned on (and at different loglevels).

  Also. can you consider handling the error when either module support
  is not enabled or the emacs-gssapi module is unavailable?

  Bonus points if the authenicator falls back to using the "gsasl" or
  "imtest" program, if configured:

(defcustom gssapi-program (list
                           (concat "gsasl %s %p "
                                   "--mechanism GSSAPI "
                                   "--authentication-id %l")
                           "imtest -m gssapi -u %l -p %p %s")

  Thanks.

* Request for advice on GNUS internals. GSSAPI progress report
@ 2017-02-15  4:37 Elias Mårtenson
From: Elias Mårtenson @ 2017-02-15  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel