* EXWM and Emacs 29
       [not found]     ` <6a0d48d22b2eadb0b8bfb3728818c05b@webmail.orcon.net.nz>
@ 2022-05-10  4:18       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-05-10  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Sainty; +Cc: Arne Babenhauserheide, Lars Ingebrigtsen, emacs-devel

Phil Sainty <psainty@orcon.net.nz> writes:

> You're looking for EXWM then.
>
> * https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm
> * https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm/wiki
> * https://github.com/johanwiden/exwm-setup
>
> It has some nice features, such as the ability to translate
> keys on a per-application basis, so that you can use familiar
> keys in applications which don't support custom key bindings
> (or indeed even in those which do).

I just realized that EXWM must be updated to use the X input extension.
Otherwise, it will no longer work with Emacs 29.

I'm not very familiar with its internals, but I would be happy to offer
assistance in that direction.  The necessary bindings to the input
extension should be available if xelb supports a sufficiently new
version of XCB.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-10  4:18 UTC | newest]