* Git mirror on Savannah. CVS?
@ 2009-03-23  3:42 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2009-03-23  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Is the git mirror that's currently available on Savannah still going
to be functional (read-only)?

Also, are we going to have a read-only CVS mirror, or at least daily
snapshots available for download for those who just want to follow or
build their own Emacs from the  sources in development?  (Of course
they could do a lightweight checkout, but they'd have to know that and
also have bzr installed.  It's in our interest to make this sort of
thing as easy as possible in order to have testers and small
contributors.)

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Git mirror on Savannah. CVS?
@ 2009-03-23  5:07 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2009-03-23  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

David Reitter <david.reitter@gmail.com> writes:
> Also, are we going to have a read-only CVS mirror, or at least daily
> snapshots available for download for those who just want to follow or
> build their own Emacs from the  sources in development?

Something like git-cvsserver could be used maybe (it emulates a CVS
server using a git repo).

-Miles

--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo

* Re: Git mirror on Savannah. CVS?
@ 2009-03-23  7:35 ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2009-03-23  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

David Reitter <david.reitter@gmail.com> writes:
> Also, are we going to have a read-only CVS mirror, or at least daily
> snapshots available for download for those who just want to follow or
> build their own Emacs from the  sources in development?  (Of course
> they could do a lightweight checkout, but they'd have to know that and
> also have bzr installed.  It's in our interest to make this sort of
> thing as easy as possible in order to have testers and small
> contributors.)

If someone sets it up, we'll have it.  I'm not planning to work on a CVS
mirror myself -- bzr is quite enough on my plate :-).  But of course
$OTHER_VC_SYSTEM mirrors are most welcome.

-Karl

* Re: Git mirror on Savannah. CVS?
@ 2009-06-28 23:07 ` Ken Raeburn
From: Ken Raeburn @ 2009-06-28 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

On Mar 22, 2009, at 23:42, David Reitter wrote:
> Is the git mirror that's currently available on Savannah still going
> to be functional (read-only)?

Was there ever an answer to this?  In the archives I see only two
replies, both addressing only the other part (r/o CVS mirror) of
David's email.

I'm looking at possibly using git for an Emacs-based project but if
the bzr switch is going to break things (either by making a completely
new git mirror that breaks my tracking, or by disabling the git
mirror), I need to reevaluate, and may stick with manual mirroring
into subversion for the time being.  I've been bitten by VCS problems
too many times in this project to want to go through it again....

Ken