* emacs-20101019 windows binaries
@ 2010-10-20  2:26 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-10-20  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
been published in

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

* Re: emacs-20101019 windows binaries
@ 2010-10-20 13:44 ` Binjo
From: Binjo @ 2010-10-20 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

hi,

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

> The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
> been published in
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

thanks for your work.

i found this build(and last one) can't display png file properly, no error
prompted though. maybe some png header files missed?

besides, how to configure to enable libxml2 while make using mingw32-make? i
found there're some settings inside config.bat, whereas doesn't exist inside
nt/configure.bat.

please bear with me if i made something wrong here.

best regards,

binjo

--
Life is like a prison, can you break it?

* Re: emacs-20101019 windows binaries
@ 2010-10-21  4:02   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-10-21  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Binjo; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

> From: Binjo <binjo.cn@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:44:50 +0800
> Cc: help-emacs-windows@gnu.org
>
> besides, how to configure to enable libxml2 while make using mingw32-make? i
> found there're some settings inside config.bat, whereas doesn't exist inside
> nt/configure.bat.

config.bat is for the DOS build (which indeed supports building with
libxml2), it is unrelated to the Windows build.  The Windows build
does not yet support building with libxml2, work is under way to add
that.

* Re: emacs-20101019 windows binaries
@ 2010-10-21  5:16     ` Binjo
From: Binjo @ 2010-10-21  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Binjo <binjo.cn@gmail.com>
>> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:44:50 +0800
>> Cc: help-emacs-windows@gnu.org
>>
>> besides, how to configure to enable libxml2 while make using mingw32-make? i
>> found there're some settings inside config.bat, whereas doesn't exist inside
>> nt/configure.bat.
>
> config.bat is for the DOS build (which indeed supports building with
> libxml2), it is unrelated to the Windows build.  The Windows build
> does not yet support building with libxml2, work is under way to add
> that.

thanks for the explanation.

hopefully the support of libxml2 under w32 won't take long, i'm eagar to try out
the new html render of Gnus. ;-p

thanks,

--
Life is like a prison, can you break it?