* Gnus RSS feeds with SSL
@ 2019-01-02  0:33 Spenser Truex
From: Spenser Truex @ 2019-01-02  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm on 27.5.
I've been trying to get RSS feeds in GNUS to work. Some feeds do work,
but others do not. I suspect that SSL might be the culprit. Here is an
example of an RSS feed that will not catch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lisp/.rss

I get the error "No feeds found for https://www.reddit.com/r/lisp/.rss"
when doing G R in the group buffer.
I tried making the group first, then entering it and providing the link
then, but this fails with the error: "Group nnrss:my-group-name contains
no messages"

I did manage to get some plaintext feeds to work though. Is it that Gnus
doesn't support these?
--
Spenser Truex

* Re: Gnus RSS feeds with SSL
@ 2019-01-03  8:36 ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2019-01-03  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Spenser Truex; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hello Spenser

    > I'm on 27.5.  I've been trying to get RSS feeds in GNUS to
    > work. Some feeds do work, but others do not. I suspect that SSL
    > might be the culprit. Here is an example of an RSS feed that will
    > not catch: https://www.reddit.com/r/lisp/.rss

    > I get the error "No feeds found for
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/lisp/.rss" when doing G R in the group
    > buffer.  I tried making the group first, then entering it and
    > providing the link then, but this fails with the error: "Group
    > nnrss:my-group-name contains no messages"

    > I did manage to get some plaintext feeds to work though. Is it
    > that Gnus doesn't support these?  -- Spenser Truex

Is this perhaps because the reddit feed is an `atom'? See
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/38739/how-can-i-subscribe-to-se-rss-feed-using-gnus.

Best wishes,

--
Colin Baxter
m43cap@yandex.com

* Re: Gnus RSS feeds with SSL
@ 2019-01-03  8:51   ` Spenser Truex
From: Spenser Truex @ 2019-01-03  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: Spenser Truex, emacs-devel

Hello Colin,

>> I'm on 27.5.  I've been trying to get RSS feeds in GNUS to
>> work. Some feeds do work, but others do not.

> Is this perhaps because the reddit feed is an `atom'? See
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/38739/how-can-i-subscribe-to-se-rss-feed-using-gnus.
>
> Best wishes,

Thank you, my mistake. I hadn't seen that.
--
pgp: spensertruex.com/static/key