* Re: master a9b29ee4a0: Update from Gnulib by running admin/merge-gnulib
       [not found] ` <20220928073725.36EB3C00615@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-09-28 11:05   ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-09-28 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Paul Eggert

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> +assert.h: assert.in.h verify.h $(top_builddir)/config.status
> +	$(gl_V_at){ $(SED_HEADER_STDOUT) \
                  ^
Is this not a typo in gnulib?

* Re: master a9b29ee4a0: Update from Gnulib by running admin/merge-gnulib
@ 2022-09-28 17:03     ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2022-09-28 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 9/28/22 04:05, Po Lu wrote:
>> +assert.h: assert.in.h verify.h $(top_builddir)/config.status
>> +	$(gl_V_at){ $(SED_HEADER_STDOUT) \
>                    ^
> Is this not a typo in gnulib?

Sorry, I'm not seeing a typo there. What should the text be instead?

* Re: master a9b29ee4a0: Update from Gnulib by running admin/merge-gnulib
@ 2022-09-29  0:18       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-09-29  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> Sorry, I'm not seeing a typo there. What should the text be instead?

	$(gl_V_at) $(SED_HEADER_STDOUT)

without the stray brace, which leads to "Command line too long" on
MS-DOS.

* Re: master a9b29ee4a0: Update from Gnulib by running admin/merge-gnulib
@ 2022-09-29  1:22         ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2022-09-29  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 9/28/22 17:18, Po Lu wrote:
> Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:
>
>> Sorry, I'm not seeing a typo there. What should the text be instead?
>
> 	$(gl_V_at) $(SED_HEADER_STDOUT)
>
> without the stray brace, which leads to "Command line too long" on
> MS-DOS.

The brace isn't stray. There's a matching closing brace on line 1467 of
lib/gnulib.mk.in.

Perhaps the process of using sed to edit lib/gnulib.mk.in is somehow
corrupting the closing brace? It can't simply be the rule length, as
there are longer rules in lib/gnulib.mk.in (e.g., the dirent.h rule).

* Re: master a9b29ee4a0: Update from Gnulib by running admin/merge-gnulib
@ 2022-09-29  1:38       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-09-29  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> Sorry, I'm not seeing a typo there. What should the text be instead?

Nevermind, I was looking at broken output from the MS-DOS scripts.
Sorry for the noise.

* Re: master a9b29ee4a0: Update from Gnulib by running admin/merge-gnulib
@ 2022-09-29  1:41           ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-09-29  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> Perhaps the process of using sed to edit lib/gnulib.mk.in is somehow
> corrupting the closing brace? It can't simply be the rule length, as
> there are longer rules in lib/gnulib.mk.in (e.g., the dirent.h rule).

Yes, that's what it was.  Sorry for the noise.