* [robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk: Re: Is it fixed?]
@ 2002-08-26  0:36 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-08-26  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gerd, emacs-devel, robert

This seems to be a problem caused by Calc--could you please investigate?

From: Robert <robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:11:52 +0100
To: rms@gnu.org
Cc: gerd@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Is it fixed?
On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, rms@gnu.org wrote:

>     This might have been fixed with
>
>     2002-02-20  Pavel JanESC,AmESC(Bk  <Pavel@Janik.cz>
>
> 	    * xfns.c (gif_load): Use correct width and height for GIF
> 	    images.
>
> Does the bug still happen in the current CVS version?

Well if I could build the cvs version....

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/src/../lisp/custom.elc', needed by `../etc/DOC'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2
This is after

make distclean
./configure
make bootstrap
(and during that last make)

The problems I guess starts with these lines

Compiling /home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/lisp/byte-run.el
Wrote /home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/lisp/byte-run.elc
Done
Compiling /home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el
While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el:
  !! File error (("Cannot open load file" "calc"))
Done
make[1]: *** [compile-files] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/lisp'
make: [bootstrap-lisp] Error 2 (ignored)
(cd src; make  clean)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/src'

There's certainly a calc.el in /home/robert/packages/emacs/emacs/lisp/calc/

Robert

* Re: [robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk: Re: Is it fixed?]
@ 2002-08-26  1:54 ` D. Goel
From: D. Goel @ 2002-08-26  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: walters, gerd, emacs-devel, robert

> This seems to be a problem caused by Calc--could you please investigate?

[[BTW, FWIW, i just did a cvs update, make distclean, make bootstrap,
make install on a debian sarge, and did not see such a bug.]]

* Re: [robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk: Re: Is it fixed?]
@ 2002-08-26  6:36   ` Robert
From: Robert @ 2002-08-26  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rms, walters, gerd, emacs-devel

On 25 Aug 2002, deego@glue.umd.edu wrote:

>> This seems to be a problem caused by Calc--could you please investigate?
>>

> [[BTW, FWIW, i just did a cvs update, make distclean, make bootstrap,
> make install on a debian sarge, and did not see such a bug.]]

I'm sorry this was a problem caused by me! Apologies for any alarm caused
I had a mix of latest cvs and the labelled EMACS_21_1_RC

I've just got a clean version and it does build ok, it also clears the bug
which caused emacs to crash when loading a gif in a VM email buffer - the
gif doesn't difplay well - it has bands of frame background between bands
of gif - sort of zebra crossing effect to use a UK example.
But the crash is fixed

Robert
--
Robert Marshall

* Re: [robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk: Re: Is it fixed?]
@ 2002-08-26 21:51     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-08-26 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: deego, walters, gerd, emacs-devel

    I've just got a clean version and it does build ok, it also clears the bug
    which caused emacs to crash when loading a gif in a VM email buffer - the
    gif doesn't difplay well - it has bands of frame background between bands
    of gif - sort of zebra crossing effect to use a UK example.

Would you please send a bug report for this new bug?
It isn't a crash, but it is still a bug.

* Re: [robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk: Re: Is it fixed?]
@ 2002-08-31 12:35     ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-08-31 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   From: Robert <robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk>
   Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:36:40 +0100

   > I've just got a clean version and it does build ok, it also clears the bug
   > which caused emacs to crash when loading a gif in a VM email buffer - the
   > gif doesn't difplay well - it has bands of frame background between bands
   > of gif - sort of zebra crossing effect to use a UK example.
   > But the crash is fixed

Can you please send me that GIF image so I can explore it carefully?

Thank you.
--
Pavel Janík

...... is one of the good guys, even though his user interface could stand
improvement.
                  -- Larry McVoy in linux-kernel

* Re: [robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk: Re: Is it fixed?]
@ 2002-09-01 15:11       ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-09-01 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   From: Pavel@janik.cz (Pavel Janík)
   Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:35:25 +0200

   >    From: Robert <robert@chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk>
   >    Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:36:40 +0100
   >
   >    > I've just got a clean version and it does build ok, it also clears the bug
   >    > which caused emacs to crash when loading a gif in a VM email buffer - the
   >    > gif doesn't difplay well - it has bands of frame background between bands
   >    > of gif - sort of zebra crossing effect to use a UK example.
   >    > But the crash is fixed
   >
   > Can you please send me that GIF image so I can explore it carefully?

OK, this issue is cleared now. It is VM bug and Robert will take it to
appropriate VM list.
--
Pavel Janík

Avoid unnecessary branches.
                  --  The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)