* some faces should :inherit
@ 2011-01-01 16:34 joakim
From: joakim @ 2011-01-01 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

(defface muse-link
  '((t (:inherit link )))
  "Face for Muse cross-references."
  :group 'muse-colors)

Maybe also org-link  idlwave-help-link

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: some faces should :inherit
@ 2011-01-01 16:45 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-01-01 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs developers

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 5:34 PM,  <joakim@verona.se> wrote:
> (defface muse-link
>  '((t (:inherit link )))
>  "Face for Muse cross-references."
>  :group 'muse-colors)
>
> Maybe also org-link  idlwave-help-link

All faces marking links should inherit from the link face (or rather
have it as an ancestor).

* Re: some faces should :inherit
@ 2011-01-01 17:17   ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2011-01-01 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Emacs developers

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 5:34 PM,  <joakim@verona.se> wrote:
>> (defface muse-link
>>  '((t (:inherit link )))
>>  "Face for Muse cross-references."
>>  :group 'muse-colors)
>>
>> Maybe also org-link  idlwave-help-link
>

> All faces marking links should inherit from the link face (or rather
> have it as an ancestor).

Yes. That is not the case now. (sorry for the tersness, Im trying to
learn dvorak)

--

@ 2011-01-09 21:25 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-01-09 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs developers

joakim@verona.se writes:

> (defface muse-link
>   '((t (:inherit link )))
>   "Face for Muse cross-references."
>   :group 'muse-colors)
>
> Maybe also org-link  idlwave-help-link

I've fixed these three instances.  Thanks for pointing them out.

* Re: some faces should :inherit
@ 2011-01-20  9:43   ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2011-01-20  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: Emacs developers

> joakim@verona.se writes:
>
>> (defface muse-link
>>   '((t (:inherit link )))
>>   "Face for Muse cross-references."
>>   :group 'muse-colors)
>>
>> Maybe also org-link  idlwave-help-link
>
> I've fixed these three instances.  Thanks for pointing them out.

I'm a bit confused.

I rebuilt emacs after your reply and enjoyed the nice looking links
immensely. Then I suffered a failed  upgrade and had to transplant my
emacs install to a new drive. This was unexpectedly very difficult. For
one thing Muse was now gone. I was under the impression that Muse lived
in the emacs report, but thats apparently not the case. So I installed
Muse from Elpa, but the fix wasnt there.

So, what happened exactly?

BTW I think the theme feature is the coolest thing since sliced
bread. Thanks for all the hard work!

--
Joakim Verona