* Discarded messages to the bug tracker yesterday
@ 2021-03-01 12:25 Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2021-03-01 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Just a heads up -- yesterday, during the gnu.org outage, the
debbugs.gnu.org mail server was receiving messages (unlike the main
gnu.org MTA), but it discarded them.  Bob Proulx had a look at the
problem, and the messages below were discarded (but I don't know whether
that's an exhaustive list or not).

So if you sent a message to the bug tracker (whether a control message
or a response or a new bug report) in the period of about 08:00 to about
11:00 (New York time) yesterday, you have to resend them.

I've done so for my messages now.

    Feb 28 08:44:11 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <877dmsnwa7.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 08:45:45 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <8735xgnw6y.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 08:49:27 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87lfb8l2wr.fsf@tcd.ie>
    Feb 28 08:50:36 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87y2f8mheo.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 08:51:12 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87wnusmhe1.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 08:54:46 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87sg5gmh7j.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 08:55:07 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87r1l0mh74.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 08:57:54 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87eeh0xpm6.fsf@protesilaos.com>
    Feb 28 09:12:38 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87lfb8mgdu.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 09:14:34 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87a6roxou1.fsf@protesilaos.com>
    Feb 28 09:14:55 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87h7lwmgaj.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 09:15:32 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87mtvomgea.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 09:24:10 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87czwkmfuk.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 09:24:31 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87blc4mfub.fsf@gnus.org>
    Feb 28 10:20:43 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87im6cfcex.fsf@tcd.ie>
    Feb 28 10:58:31 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <8735xgxk0z.fsf@protesilaos.com>

* Re: Discarded messages to the bug tracker yesterday
@ 2021-03-01 14:44 ` Protesilaos Stavrou
From: Protesilaos Stavrou @ 2021-03-01 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2021-03-01, 13:25 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> Just a heads up -- yesterday, during the gnu.org outage, the
> debbugs.gnu.org mail server was receiving messages (unlike the main
> gnu.org MTA), but it discarded them.  Bob Proulx had a look at the
> problem, and the messages below were discarded (but I don't know whether
> that's an exhaustive list or not).
>
> So if you sent a message to the bug tracker (whether a control message
> or a response or a new bug report) in the period of about 08:00 to about
> 11:00 (New York time) yesterday, you have to resend them.
>
> I've done so for my messages now.
>
>     Feb 28 08:44:11 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <877dmsnwa7.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 08:45:45 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <8735xgnw6y.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 08:49:27 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87lfb8l2wr.fsf@tcd.ie>
>     Feb 28 08:50:36 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87y2f8mheo.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 08:51:12 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87wnusmhe1.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 08:54:46 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87sg5gmh7j.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 08:55:07 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87r1l0mh74.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 08:57:54 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87eeh0xpm6.fsf@protesilaos.com>
>     Feb 28 09:12:38 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87lfb8mgdu.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 09:14:34 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87a6roxou1.fsf@protesilaos.com>
>     Feb 28 09:14:55 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87h7lwmgaj.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 09:15:32 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87mtvomgea.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 09:24:10 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87czwkmfuk.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 09:24:31 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87blc4mfub.fsf@gnus.org>
>     Feb 28 10:20:43 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <87im6cfcex.fsf@tcd.ie>
>     Feb 28 10:58:31 2021 (9480) Message discarded, msgid: <8735xgxk0z.fsf@protesilaos.com>

Thank you Lars!  I just re-sent mine as well.

--
Protesilaos Stavrou

@ 2021-03-02  6:30 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2021-03-02  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

  > Just a heads up -- yesterday, during the gnu.org outage, the
  > debbugs.gnu.org mail server was receiving messages (unlike the main
  > gnu.org MTA), but it discarded them.

I think this is a serious bug.  If debbugs can't deliver them or queue
them, it ought to report a temporary failure for receiving them.

Fixing this, so it does not drop mail in the future, is high priority.

Does anyone know who maintains debbugs?

--
Dr Richard Stallman

* Re: Discarded messages to the bug tracker yesterday
@ 2021-03-02 11:41   ` Basil L. Contovounesios
From: Basil L. Contovounesios @ 2021-03-02 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > Just a heads up -- yesterday, during the gnu.org outage, the
>   > debbugs.gnu.org mail server was receiving messages (unlike the main
>   > gnu.org MTA), but it discarded them.
>
> I think this is a serious bug.  If debbugs can't deliver them or queue
> them, it ought to report a temporary failure for receiving them.
>
> Fixing this, so it does not drop mail in the future, is high priority.
>
> Does anyone know who maintains debbugs?

See the following savannah-users thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/r/savannah-users/2021-03/msg00005.html
https://lists.gnu.org/r/savannah-users/2021-03/msg00009.html
https://lists.gnu.org/r/savannah-users/2021-03/msg00007.html

--
Basil

* Re: Discarded messages to the bug tracker yesterday
@ 2021-03-03  5:57     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2021-03-03  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basil L. Contovounesios; +Cc: larsi, emacs-devel

  > See the following savannah-users thread:

  > https://lists.gnu.org/r/savannah-users/2021-03/msg00005.html
  > https://lists.gnu.org/r/savannah-users/2021-03/msg00009.html
  > https://lists.gnu.org/r/savannah-users/2021-03/msg00007.html

I will fetch those messages and look.  Thanks.

--
Dr Richard Stallman