* rmail-spam-filter: can't save
@ 2005-11-29 10:35 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-11-29 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello guys,

I am still learning rmail which really simple and so cool.

I tried to load and install rmail-spam-filter and when trying to save my file (C-c S a), I got this:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "#")
  read(#<buffer init.custom.el>)
  byte-code("Àp!�" [read] 2)
  byte-code("ÄÅ!�\0\0`ÆÇÈ�\x18\x19\b<�#\0\b@\n=�#\0	`|�\v�#\0`\x13*�\0\0" [sexp start symbol first forward-comment 1 nil (byte-code "Àp!�" [read] 2) ((end-of-file ...))] 4)
  custom-save-delete(custom-load-themes)
  custom-save-variables()
  custom-save-all()
  rsf-custom-save-all()
  call-interactively(rsf-custom-save-all)

I just do not really really what is going on.

Thank you
--
Xavier Maillard

* Re: rmail-spam-filter: can't save
@ 2005-12-26 18:43 ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-12-26 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

@ 2005-12-27  0:19   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-12-27  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
   Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

       I tried to load and install rmail-spam-filter and when trying to save my file (C-c S a), I got this:

       Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "#")
         read(#<buffer init.custom.el>)
         byte-code("Àp!?" [read] 2)
         byte-code("ÄÅ!?\0\0`ÆÇÈ?\x18\x19\b<?#\0\b@\n=?#\0	`|?\v?#\0`\x13*?\0\0" [sexp start symbol first forward-comment 1 nil (byte-code "Àp!?" [read] 2) ((end-of-file ...))] 4)
         custom-save-delete(custom-load-themes)
         custom-save-variables()
         custom-save-all()
         rsf-custom-save-all()
         call-interactively(rsf-custom-save-all)

   It looks like (custom-file) returned "init.custom.el".
   And it looks like there is somethig in that file that
   read can't deal with.  Can you figure out why?

In fact the file was corrupted (dunno how and why but it was). The problem is
now gone and no longer require spending time on it. I simply droped the old
file and created a fresh one from scratch. Now saving my spam filter rules
works like a charm.

I should have told you so but I forgot to do so.

Xavier