* auto-revert mode broken?
@ 2006-10-02 14:44 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2006-10-02 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

In recent builds of emacs from CVS (actually the unicode-2 branch) I
find auto-revert acting strangely.  If I open /var/log/syslog, for
example, the buffer will be read-only as expected since I don't have
write permission.  Eventually, though, the file will change on disk
and I'll get the message

  syslog changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h)

and the buffer will have become modifiable.  Does anyone know what's
up?  I have

   (global-auto-revert-mode 1)

in my .emacs

Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting
www.boost-consulting.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-10-02 14:44 UTC | newest]