* interactive spec with reasonable numbers for c-u
@ 2022-09-08  0:47 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2022-09-08  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-devel

not on these lists.

some commands use c-u a few times, and the code does some stuff with
interactive p or P that works with base 4 artithmetic and navigation
commands.

e.g. you will get number slike 1 for c-u, then 4 for c-u c-u.

or you will get a list with base 4 artithmetic.

then the programmer uses those to make a decision of what the command
should do.  iirc (64) i ssomething like c-u c-u c-u.

our bodies are constructed and maintained by base 4 arithmentic.  it
is great stuff.  but i think programmers migh want things like 1, 2, 3
for, respectively, c-u, c-u c-u.  so, idk,  if a number really is
provided, then it an be in a list.

but most of the time i am not talking about entering a number using m-
or using c-u, but merely going c-u c-u c-u m-x ....
so i was wondering if there exists an interactie spec that returns 0 1
2 3 for the number of c-u gien to the command.

* Re: interactive spec with reasonable numbers for c-u
@ 2022-09-08  1:03 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-09-08  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Samuel Wales wrote:

> not on these lists.

What does that mean, if I don't mail you, you can't read this?

Are you reading here

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/

?

I'll yank your mail manually then ... This means you'll will
get mail with a message saying this is a courtesy copy, this
is because I add your mail to the TO header LOL :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal