* arch taglines in Tramp files -- how to keep them?
@ 2003-11-29 17:08 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-11-29 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tramp lives in its own CVS repository.  Usually, I copy the most
recent release to the Emacs CVS by just copying the files.  Then I
compile a ChangeLog entry from the Tramp ChangeLog files.

But now, if I would just copy over the files from the Tramp CVS, then
the arch taglines would get lost.

What do I do?

Just copy the arch taglines from Emacs CVS to Tramp CVS, and Bob's my
uncle?  Or is there other stuff involved?  Then what will be the
effects of arch taglines stemming from the Emacs repository in the
Tramp repository?

I don't want to make any mistakes, that's why I'm asking.

Kai

* Re: arch taglines in Tramp files -- how to keep them?
@ 2003-11-29 22:53 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2003-11-29 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 05:08:43PM +0000, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> What do I do?
>
> Just copy the arch taglines from Emacs CVS to Tramp CVS, and Bob's my
> uncle?  Or is there other stuff involved?  Then what will be the
> effects of arch taglines stemming from the Emacs repository in the
> Tramp repository?

It's just text, so as long as the text is the same it doesn't matter where it
`comes from.'  Just copy the taglines from the emacs CVS files into the
official files before copying the whole files in the opposite direction.

-Miles
--
Freedom's just another word, for nothing left to lose   --Janis Joplin

* Re: arch taglines in Tramp files -- how to keep them?
@ 2003-11-30 15:37   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-11-30 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> Just copy the taglines from the emacs CVS files into the official
> files before copying the whole files in the opposite direction.

Okay, that's what I will do.  Thanks.

@ 2003-11-30 18:19     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-11-30 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Just copy the taglines from the emacs CVS files into the official
>> files before copying the whole files in the opposite direction.
>
> Okay, that's what I will do.  Thanks.

Tramp 2.0.38 is now committed to Emacs CVS.  I hope I haven't b0rked
it, being a bit rusty in this.  (I b0rked the commit message for the
lisp subdir already -- it contains only a subset of the ChangeLog
entries.  Gnah.)

Kai