* indentation style
@ 2011-04-23  9:26 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-04-23  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In .dir-locals there are settings for the style in C-mode, and the
variable c-indentation-style gets actually set correctly.

BUT if I try to do an reindent everything gets messed up (for example on
emacs.c or dired.c) so the style set there is wrong or some files are
not written in this style, or maybe the style has changed...

Any idea of the reason?
Thanks,
Andrea

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.7.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.35)
of 2011-04-23

* Re: indentation style
@ 2011-04-23 10:51 ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-04-23 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> In .dir-locals there are settings for the style in C-mode, and the
> variable c-indentation-style gets actually set correctly.
>
> BUT if I try to do an reindent everything gets messed up (for example on
> emacs.c or dired.c) so the style set there is wrong or some files are
> not written in this style, or maybe the style has changed...
>
> Any idea of the reason?
> Thanks,
> Andrea

I tried a bit more and still don't get it.
If I do M-x c-set-style gnu RET
everything works fine, but the variable is set to the same thing as if I
don't do anything.

So I think this hook is not working correctly on this machine...
 (c-mode . ((c-file-style . "GNU")))

Any other explanation?

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2011-03-04 on plaetekopp

* Re: indentation style
@ 2011-07-04 14:35   ` Kan-Ru Chen
From: Kan-Ru Chen @ 2011-07-04 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: Nix, emacs-devel

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In .dir-locals there are settings for the style in C-mode, and the
>> variable c-indentation-style gets actually set correctly.
>>
>> BUT if I try to do an reindent everything gets messed up (for example on
>> emacs.c or dired.c) so the style set there is wrong or some files are
>> not written in this style, or maybe the style has changed...
>>
>> Any idea of the reason?
>> Thanks,
>> Andrea
>
> I tried a bit more and still don't get it.
> If I do M-x c-set-style gnu RET
> everything works fine, but the variable is set to the same thing as if I
> don't do anything.
>
> So I think this hook is not working correctly on this machine...
>  (c-mode . ((c-file-style . "GNU")))
>
> Any other explanation?

Probably the same issue that I had encountered:

Kanru

* Re: indentation style
@ 2011-07-04 14:52     ` Nix
From: Nix @ 2011-07-04 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kan-Ru Chen; +Cc: Andrea Crotti, emacs-devel

On 4 Jul 2011, Kan-Ru Chen told this:
> Probably the same issue that I had encountered:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7570

Does my patch work? Alan has sent me a much shorter patch to dry but I
have been derelict and not tried it (nor restarted Emacs in four weeks,
let alone rebuilt it).

I must get around to it one of these days, but hayfever season hits me
hard, every year :(

--
NULL && (void)