* [ELPA] New package: Hook Helpers
@ 2017-04-15 21:26 Ian Dunn
From: Ian Dunn @ 2017-04-15 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I submitted this a while back, but it never went anywhere, likely due to my inability to explain it well.

Hook Helpers provides useful macros for specifying functions created solely to be added to one or more hooks.  It is not intended as a replacement for add-hook, but as a complement to it, similar to the relationship between add-function and define-advice.

Further documentation: http://nongnu.org/hook-helpers-el/

Source file: http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/hook-helpers-el.git/tree/hook-helpers.el

Checkout: git clone https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/git/hook-helpers-el.git

If no one has any problems this time around, I can push it to ELPA myself.

--
Ian Dunn

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Hook Helpers
@ 2017-04-23 16:59 ` Ian Dunn
From: Ian Dunn @ 2017-04-23 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org> writes:

> I submitted this a while back, but it never went anywhere, likely due to my
> inability to explain it well.

> Hook Helpers provides useful macros for specifying functions created solely to
> be added to one or more hooks.  It is not intended as a replacement for
> add-hook, but as a complement to it, similar to the relationship between
> add-function and define-advice.
>
> Further documentation: http://nongnu.org/hook-helpers-el/
>
> Source file:
> http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/hook-helpers-el.git/tree/hook-helpers.el
>
> Checkout: git clone https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/git/hook-helpers-el.git
>
> If no one has any problems this time around, I can push it to ELPA myself.

I created the branch scratch/hook-helpers.  I'd appreciate someone double-checking my work before I merge it, which I'd like to do today.

--

@ 2017-04-25  2:24   ` Ian Dunn
From: Ian Dunn @ 2017-04-25  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org> writes:

> I created the branch scratch/hook-helpers.  I'd appreciate someone
> double-checking my work before I merge it, which I'd like to do today.

Just a heads up, I merged the branch into master.

--
Ian Dunn

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Hook Helpers (Help, Please)
@ 2017-04-27 12:08     ` Ian Dunn
From: Ian Dunn @ 2017-04-27 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org> writes:

> Just a heads up, I merged the branch into master.

I don't see hook helpers in the package list, even though I pushed the
changes Monday night (> 48h ago).  I see it when I do a fresh "git
clone", and there are no build errors with "make" or "make archive".

I checked over the README, and I think I followed the instructions.  Is
there something I've forgotten?

--

@ 2017-04-27 12:44       ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2017-04-27 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Dunn; +Cc: emacs-devel

Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org> writes:

> I don't see hook helpers in the package list, even though I pushed the
> changes Monday night (> 48h ago).  I see it when I do a fresh "git
> clone", and there are no build errors with "make" or "make archive".
>
> I checked over the README, and I think I followed the instructions.  Is
> there something I've forgotten?

I'm not an expert, but I see make check_copyrights fail.  I vaguely
remember that I once had a similar problem when uploading some of my
stuff.

Michael.

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Hook Helpers (Help, Please)
@ 2017-04-28  0:30         ` Ian Dunn
From: Ian Dunn @ 2017-04-28  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: emacs-devel

Michael Heerdegen writes:

> Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> I don't see hook helpers in the package list, even though I pushed the
>> changes Monday night (> 48h ago).  I see it when I do a fresh "git
>> clone", and there are no build errors with "make" or "make archive".
>>
>> I checked over the README, and I think I followed the instructions.  Is
>> there something I've forgotten?
>
> I'm not an expert, but I see make check_copyrights fail.  I vaguely
> remember that I once had a similar problem when uploading some of my
> stuff.
>

> Michael.

Yup, Stefan fixed it this morning, and hook-helpers appeared on ELPA this afternoon.

Thanks everyone for your help.

--
Ian Dunn