* using gnus-posting-styles manually
@ 2018-07-24  6:48 Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2018-07-24  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Please forgive me if this is not the right list to ask this question
and if so, please point me to the appropriate one.

I had to re-configure my gnus configuration, and most things now work
fine again.  But I cannot find a way to select a posting style
manually when writing a message.  Formerly, I used to do this by
typing "M-x gic" and typing the name of the posting style.  This does
not seem to work anymore.

Can someone plese give me a hint how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Rainer
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften

* Re: using gnus-posting-styles manually
@ 2018-07-24 15:58 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-07-24 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> writes:

> Please forgive me if this is not the right list to ask this question
> and if so, please point me to the appropriate one.
>
> I had to re-configure my gnus configuration, and most things now work
> fine again.  But I cannot find a way to select a posting style
> manually when writing a message.  Formerly, I used to do this by
> typing "M-x gic" and typing the name of the posting style.  This does
> not seem to work anymore.

I have never heard of a command called "gic", but the usual way to do it
is put point on a group that matches one of your styles, and use "C-u m"
instead of just plain "m".

Hope that does what you want...

Eric