* Removing file-local indent-tabs-mode in erc/*.el
@ 2019-09-06  0:00 Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2019-09-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

I just noticed that most of the el files under erc/ have
indent-tabs-mode set to t as a file local setting. Even though the
files themselves seem to be indented with mostly spaces. And a few of
them have it set to nil.

Any objections to removing all of these settings (thus letting Emacs'
top-level .dir-locals.el setting of indent-tabs-mode = nil take
effect)?

* Re: Removing file-local indent-tabs-mode in erc/*.el
@ 2019-09-06  0:09 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-09-06  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noam Postavsky; +Cc: Emacs developers

Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com> writes:

> Any objections to removing all of these settings (thus letting Emacs'
> top-level .dir-locals.el setting of indent-tabs-mode = nil take
> effect)?

Not from me.  (I'm not an erc developer, but I've done some er fixes
over the past few years.)

* Re: Removing file-local indent-tabs-mode in erc/*.el
@ 2019-09-21 18:10   ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2019-09-21 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: Emacs developers

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 20:10, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> > Any objections to removing all of these settings (thus letting Emacs'
> > top-level .dir-locals.el setting of indent-tabs-mode = nil take
> > effect)?
>
> Not from me.  (I'm not an erc developer, but I've done some er fixes
> over the past few years.)

No further comments, so I've done it now.

[1: 2f3544362c]: 2019-09-21 14:09:30 -0400
  Remove lisp/erc/ file-local indent-tabs-mode settings
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=2f3544362c1fb8212156c2df06363fbb7fdf747b