* Re: master 62d97d4afd: Turn expiry on for nnselect groups
@ 2022-03-04 11:59 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-03-04 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew G Cohen; +Cc: emacs-devel

Andrew, AFAIU your copyright assignment for changes in Emacs has
expired, but you are installing changes without the
Copyright-paperwork-exempt tag, and their volume approaches the limit
of what we are allowed to accept without a valid assignment.  Please
hold your further changes until a new assignment is on file.

Also, please note that we use the US English conventions in our
documentation, so we leave 2 spaces between sentences, not one.

And finally, the first sentence of any doc string should be a single
line not wider than 79 characters, because apropos commands only
display that first line in the buffers they show.

(I fixed the last two issues of your latest commit, but I can do
nothing about the missing Copyright-paperwork-exempt tag in it.)

Thanks.

* Re: master 62d97d4afd: Turn expiry on for nnselect groups
@ 2022-03-04 12:04 ` Andrew Cohen
From: Andrew Cohen @ 2022-03-04 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Andrew G Cohen, emacs-devel

    EZ> Andrew, AFAIU your copyright assignment for changes in Emacs has
    EZ> expired, but you are installing changes without the
    EZ> Copyright-paperwork-exempt tag, and their volume approaches the
    EZ> limit of what we are allowed to accept without a valid
    EZ> assignment.  Please hold your further changes until a new
    EZ> assignment is on file.

I'm surprised----I redid it when I changed employers a couple of years
ago. Perhaps it isn't showing up because of my new address
(acohen@ust.hk).

In any case I will hold off on further changes until further notice.

    EZ> Also, please note that we use the US English conventions in our
    EZ> documentation, so we leave 2 spaces between sentences, not one.

    EZ> And finally, the first sentence of any doc string should be a
    EZ> single line not wider than 79 characters, because apropos
    EZ> commands only display that first line in the buffers they show.

    EZ> (I fixed the last two issues of your latest commit, but I can do
    EZ> nothing about the missing Copyright-paperwork-exempt tag in it.)

Thank you for fixing this.

Best,
Andy

--
Andrew Cohen

Director, HKUST Jockey Club Institute for Advanced Study
Lam Woo Foundation Professor and Chair Professor of Physics

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology