From: David Engster <deng@randomsample.de>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Release-critical bugs
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:08:11 +0200	[thread overview]

What are the remaining bugs which are actually critical for 24.4?

I'm looking at

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?severity=important;package=emacs

and remember Glenn saying that everything below 16000 or even 17000 is
not critical for the next release. Looking at the others, I'm often not
sure if that is something which really has to be fixed for 24.4, while
other bugs are in some kind of limbo where I wouldn't even know what
should be fixed now. Others seem to be solved, more or less (like
#18182, for instance; can that be closed?).

Maybe we could mark the actually release-critical bugs as, say,
'critical', and maybe also list them here and discuss how to fix them?
Especially the GnuTLS stuff goes way over my head, I'm afraid.

-David